• Suitable for electric motors and internal combustion engines.
• Incorporates an AC frequency converter to control the couplings feed pump oil to the working circuit producing the ideal soft start.
• Variable fill and drainable type fluid coupling which permits the rapid disconnection of the driven machinery.
• Limits torque by slipping for a time then dumping the circuit oil, which disconnects the driven machinery.
• Accelerates the motor up to speed before engaging the fluid coupling which avoids any undesired current peak altogether.
• Soft, controlled start up of high inertia machinery
• Soft starts can be controlled manually by an ON-OFF solenoid valve or by the frequency converter controller.
• Torsional vibration dampening protects the driven gearbox, fan, pump machinery, as well as the motor or engine.
• Overload protection with quick release drainable valves will discharge oil from the working circuit in a few seconds.
• KSL is very efficient since the volume of oil in the working circuit is controlled to maintain a very small slip rate.
• Easy to maintain because the split casing design allows the removal of the complete fluid coupling impeller assembly without having to move either the motor/engine or driven machinery, saving the need for realignment and costly downtime.
• Used for Start-Up Drive for: mills, drums, conveyors, fans, blowers, pumps, compressors, centrifuges, mixers, generators, and marine propulsion drives.